SECTION 1. Network Availability and Uptime
RWK-V will provide a minimum 99.9% uninterrupted transit to the Internet (as measured on a monthly basis) as well as 99.9% uninterrupted electricity.
- Network availability refers to the ability of a client to access the RWK-V Backbone
- RWK-V measures latency on the Backbone. These measurements are taken as round trip times between multiple routers and switches within the RWK-V network POP’s in the continental US. RWK-V guarantees an average round trip latency of not more than 10ms on our transport network and 120ms on our transit network.
- Network unavailability is defined as packet loss in excess of 75% for two hours or more. Maintenance events, necessary for providing a consistent high level of service, nor client caused outages or disruptions beyond RWK-V’s control, nor SUSPENSION of service as defined in the RWK-V MASTER SERVICES AGREEMENT are considered “Network Unavailability” as covered by this SLA.
- Clients must report Network unavailability of longer than two hours, within 24 hours of the aforementioned packet loss, to the RWK-V NOC at email@example.com.
SECTION 2. Hardware Monitoring Uptime.
Equipment not owned and operated by RWK-V is not directly monitored for uptime and is not covered under this SLA, unless otherwise contractually arranged.
SECTION 3. Notification of Outages and Service Interruption Events.
Clients reporting service interruption events or outages of any kind may use the 24 hour ticketing system by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECTION 4. Warranties and Disclaimers.
Service level Warranty. In the event Client experiences any of the following and RWK-V determines in its reasonable judgment that such inability was caused by RWK-V’s failure to provide services for reasons within RWK-V’s reasonable control and not as a result of any action or inaction of Client or any third parties (including Client equipment), RWK-V will, upon request in accordance with section 4, credit Client’s account as described below:
- Inability to Access the Internet (Downtime/Outage). If Client is unable to transmit and receive information from RWK-V’s Backbone to other portions of the internet because RWK-V failed to provide internet services for more than two (2) hours, RWK-V will credit Client’s account the pro-rata RWK-V connectivity charges (e.g. all bandwidth related charges) for one (1) day of service, up to an aggregate maximum credit of connectivity charges for seven (7) days of service in any one (1) calendar month. RWK-V’s scheduled maintenance of it’s Network and Backbone, shall not be deemed to be a failure to provide internet services. Pro-rata daily credits are limited to one full day’s credit per twenty-four (24) hour service period.
- Packet Loss and Latency. While RWK-V does not proactively monitor the packet loss or latency of specific clients, RWK-V does monitor the packet loss and latency on it’s Network and Backbone. If RWK-V discovers (either from it’s own efforts or after being notified by the Client) that Client is experiencing packet loss or latency in excess of the level set by the SLA, and Client notifies RWK-V, RWK-V will take all actions necessary to determine the source of the loss/latency.
- Remedy of Packet Loss and Latency. If the loss/latency remedy is within the sole control of RWK-V, RWK-V will attempt to remedy the loss/latency within two (2) hours of determining the source of the loss/latency. If the loss/latency is caused from outside the RWK-V Backbone, RWK-V will notify Client and will use industry standard practices to notify the parties responsible for the source and cooperate with them to resolve the problem as soon as possible.
- Failure to Determine Source and/or Resolve Problem. If RWK-V is unable to determine the source of and remedy the loss/latency within the time periods described above (where RWK-V was solely in control of the source), RWK-V will credit Client’s account the pro-rata RWK-V connectivity charges (e.g. all bandwidth related charges) for one (1) day of service, up to an aggregate maximum credit of connectivity charges for seven (7) days of service in any one calendar (1) month. RWK-V’s scheduled maintenance of its Network and Backbone, shall not be deemed to be a failure to provide internet services. Pro-rata daily credits are limited to one full day’s credit per twenty-four (24) hour service period.
- Client Must Request Credit. To receive any applicable credits, Client must notify RWK-V NOC within 24 hours from the time Client becomes eligible to receive a credit or forfeit its right to receive credit. RWK-V will contact Client to review the status of the credit request and to determine the applicable credit, if any.
- Remedies Not Cumulative. Multiple credits arising from the same event, whether under this SLA or any other SLA’s, such credits shall not be cumulative. Client shall be entitled to receive only the maximum single credit Client in any one (1) calendar month. A credit shall be applied only to the month in which the incident took place. Client shall not be eligible to receive credits for periods during which Client received any service free of charge.